Are you eating enough fruits and vegetable?
Did you know that chidlren and adults should eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day? Below are some simple tips from parents and nutrition experts to help your family enjoy more fruits and veggies every day, courtesy of Chesprocott Health District:
• Add a side of fruit to your breakfast or top whole wheat pancakes, toast, or oatmeal with fresh fruit.
• Add grated vegetables like zucchini and carrots to dishes like lasagna, meatloaf, pasta, and mashed potatoes.
• Stack your sandwich with veggies like cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and sprouts.
• Grab an apple, banana, or orange for an on-the-go snack.
• Enjoy a fresh garden salad with leafy greens or spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber, or a tasty fruit salad with apple slices, grapes, banana slices, strawberries, and blueberries.
• Blend frozen berries and veggies like carrots or spinach with non-fat yogurt for a quick, healthy smoothie treat!
• Keep fruits and vegetables in places where they are easy to access, like in a bowl on the countertop or at eye-level in the refrigerator.