- FUN FEATURES
Do you have e-Edition Questions? Click Here to find your answers.
The following was received from the Cheshire Police Department:
It's Halloween, and Police Chief Neil Dryfe would like to remind residents to have a safe and enjoyable night. The following guidelines are provided to help children have a safe night of trick-or-treating:
• Costumes should fit well and be short enough to prevent tripping. Light colors and reflectorized patches, strips or other applications are recommended. Obviously, no flammable materials or accessories.
• Children should be able to see well through masks. Consider using make-up for faces rather than masks.
• Avoid hard plastic, metal, or wood props. Use rubber or plastic foam for such items.
• Carry a flashlight and use sidewalks if possible. Watch for traffic. Motorists are reminded to use extra caution when travelling on Halloween night
• Young children should always be accompanied by an adult.
• Homeowners should keep outside lights on for safe visits from children. Children should not go to unlit homes.
• Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy. Parents should examine all candy before allowing children to eat it. Throw away any items you are not sure about. Any obvious tampering should be reported to the Police Department at (203) 271-5500.