- FUN FEATURES
Cheshire Public Schools invites parents, students, faculty and staff, as well as, the general public to its first ever Technology in Learning Showcase on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at Cheshire High School.
This learning showcase provides opportunities to experience various teaching and learning demonstrations that align with Cheshire’s educational technology plan, which was created to support the 21st century learner. Participants may attend a variety of brief workshop sessions, play in a digital playground, and visit a student help desk to get their technical questions answered.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own devices so that they can learn as they go through the Cheshire Public Schools Technology in Learning Showcase!
Demonstrations will include:
● Digital Playground - Learn with iPads, SMARTBoards, and Google Chromebooks
● Student Presentations on Technology
● Student Help Desk - Got a question? Get an Answer!
● Teacher Demonstrations
● Personal Finance and Stocks Demonstration using Google Drive & SMARTBoard
● Cheshire’s Online Math Tutoring Tool
● Green Screen Demonstration
● Digital Student Response Systems
● Explore Reading with iPads
● Online Collaboration Tools
● Using iPad to Create Student and Teacher Videos
● Mindful Meditation Apps
● Online Spanish Resources
● Using Prezi and Google Presentations in Education
● Skype in the World Language Classroom
● Creating Stories on the iPad
● Spartancast Productions
● SMARTBoards in the Elementary School
● iPads in Special Education
● Robotics Demonstration
● Using the iPad/Flip Camera to Improve Athletic Technique
● 3D Design and Printing
● Using Naviance for Post HS Planning