Skip to main content

e-Edition FAQs

Do you have e-Edition Questions? Click Here to find your answers.

COUPONS

Homemade Bomb Explodes In Cheshire High School Gym

November 18, 2011 by John Rook

A homemade bomb exploded in the gym at Cheshire High School this afternoon during a girls volleyball practice, resulting in two people being taken to the hospital.
Reports indicate that a bomb, made out of a plastic bottle and household chemicals, was thrown into the gym during the practice time of the girls volleyball team. The explosion did not result in any damage to the facility, or serious injury to the athletes or coaches in the gym at the time, but afterward two people did complain of throat irritation and headaches and were taken to the hospital to receive medical attention.
The gym has been closed and there is no word at this time as to who may have thrown the bomb. Police are investigating the incident and are currently treating the gym as a crime scene.
Check back to The Cheshire Herald website for more information as it becomes available.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes