Skip to main content

e-Edition FAQs

Do you have e-Edition Questions? Click Here to find your answers.


Budget Workshop Planned Tonight

March 21, 2011 by Josh Morgan

The Town Council will continue to discuss the 2011/2012 Operating Budget tonight, March 21, with the Community Pool and Wastewater Treatment Plant taking center stage.
In the proposed budget, Town Manager Michael Milone chose to fund the pool at its current level of $940,000, noting that it was status quo with the facility. Of that funding, $581,000, or nearly 62 percent, would be generated by pool passes, programs, rentals and other fees. The remaining 38 percent, or $359,000, would be subsidized from the Operating Budget.
The budget assumes the pool will be open this summer and reopened in the fall with a bubble covering.
Also on tap tonight is the proposed $3.1 million Water Pollution Control Department budget. As part of the proposal, fees for sewer users would increase by $15.
The budget meeting begins tonight, March 21, at 6:30 p.m. in Town Hall in Room 207.
Full details of the proposed budget can be found on the Town of Cheshire website.
What transpires in the meeting will be published in Thursday's Cheshire Herald.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes
User login